Pylon signs are an effective way to grab the attention of potential customers as they pass along street.
According to an article in Real Estate Weekly, “… signage – the first shopping center component that meets the customer’s eye – is among the most critical tools in successful marketing.
As such, it should be a priority when planning property upgrades on any scale”.
Research has shown:
- A new pole sign with the company’s name impacted revenues from 4.9% to 12.3%.
- One additional 144 square foot pole sign added $0.78 per transaction compared to the $0.06 per transaction for a standard wall sign at 36 square feet.
- The on-premise sign is the most efficient, most cost effective form of advertising available to a small business. In its most basic form, it has been shown to be responsible for bringing in as many as half of all new customers.
- On-premise signage provides both an invitation to the potential customer to stop, as well as enabling consumer memory and recall for future use. Effective signage can result in competitive advantage.
* Research provided by the signage foundation for communication excellence and the New York State Small Business Development Center and is not indicative of individual results.